More trips to Baton Rouge!

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
Razorback

More trips to Baton Rouge!

Post by Razorback »

Since the last time I posted about spending time in Baton Rouge, we have made three more trips! Two last year, and most recently, the two weeks prior to and including Resurrection Sunday. We got home this past Tuesday evening. Had a great time!
Leaving Baton Rouge late Monday afternoon, we were in rush hour traffic heading west on I-10 thru downtown Baton Rouge and on the bridge across the Mississippi River. Not unusual to smell hot brakes in the stop-and-go traffic, but it didn't go away as we were heading down the west side of the bridge and traffic was spreading out. We pulled over in Port Allen and found and empty lot between Popeye's Chicken and a truck stop. Found that our left front brakes were smokin' hot due to a stuck caliper that was causing the brake pads to drag. Long story short, and several God-stories later, we were back on the road in about an hour and a half!!
We'll be making another trip there in July!!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: More trips to Baton Rouge!

Post by KYAvion »

Getting that fixed and back on the road in 1.5 hours is impressive. Glad you got it worked out!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: More trips to Baton Rouge!

Post by Razorback »

KYAvion wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:28 am Getting that fixed and back on the road in 1.5 hours is impressive. Glad you got it worked out!
Yes, it WAS impressive! I had the tools and jacks with me, just needed a part. And, the part was only $70!! (plus $40 core charge)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???