Windows

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Kep

Windows

Post by Kep »

Has anyone looked into replacement windows? Are ours a standard size? I have seen some very efficient dual pane windows in newer RVs. I would love to replace one unit as time and money permits. Seems to me the OEM windows are a week link in our trailers.

Imagine how efficient our trailers would be with modern dual pane replacements!
1975 28' LeGrande Twins, rear bath, front dinette.
Razorback

Re: Windows

Post by Razorback »

Here's what I would do regarding this question: Call Chuck Cayo (269-463-5073) and see if he knows the model numbers or the information you'll need to know when you call the folks at Pelland Enterprises (800-216-2786) https://www.pellandent.com/

Chuck probably has a good answer for your question. Please let us know what you find out.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Kep

Post by Kep »

Will do.

I sure hope he has a great plan for me to follow. So far his advice has been spot on and been a real life saver.

I really think that if the window issues can be cured that these trailers will get a new life as an efficient and comfortable camping trailer that beats just about everything out there on the market today. I'm all about form and function so these trailer really intrigue and elevate my enthusiasm. There is very little I would change on these trailers compared to what the industry offers today. I get that restoration is top priority for some but I think functionality is at the top of the list for me. My wife however has the restoration bug so I will need to find a compromise for sure. I still have an issue with twin beds though. I really like being able to snuggle with my wife of 40 years even though at times she is like a furnace LOL. Although the fact that I get to sleep on literally half of a king size bed in a camping trailer is sure a nice touch.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I don’t have any practical experience with storm windows for the Hehr windows, but I think they are available from Pelland. That might be a cheaper alternative to replacing the entire window assemblies. You’ll still need to know what “series number” the windows are, and the measurements..... but I’m sure Chuck and/or Pelland could guide you on that.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Kep

Post by Kep »

I was also thinking of doing what we did in the winter when we put up shrink plastic over window openings to further insulate windows and limit condensation build up. Winter is coming and these things come to mind about now.