Dump valves swivel fitting

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
KYAvion
Site Admin

Dump valves swivel fitting

Post by KYAvion »

Anyone have an Avion with the swivel fitting that allows attachment of the dump hose through a hole in their door/compartment? My 1984 30R doesn’t have this, but I have read that several years came with such a fitting. Just wondering if anyone has pics they can share?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Dump valves swivel fitting

Post by KYAvion »

Nobody has an Avion with this feature?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Mine does not have a swivel fitting.

Without actually measuring, mine is like this. The lower part extends just through the compartment door and has a cap on it. Valves are on the left and right sides of this fitting.:

Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Here's what dump and waste valve assy looks like on our 30P. I replaced the assembly and the fittings leading to the black and gray water tanks. The 3" hub rotates up and down by loosening the screws on the waste valves.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T80.html

The new hub mimics the centerline of the one I removed. When I rotated the hub to align it with the hole in the access door, the hub was approx. 1" behind the hole in the door. The rotating hub is not designed to make fore-aft adjustment. Unless I elongate the hole in the cover, I'll just keep the door open.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Razorback - your arrangement is similar to mine, where the valves themselves are inside the heated underbelly.

Silverloaf - so you originally had the pivoting assembly since you’ve got the hole in the compartment. I was reading a thread on FB where it was said that Cayo got rid of the assembly for certain year(s), but Avioners didn’t like the change. I don’t have the option, so like you I just open the door. They made it sound like a great feature though, so I was just wondering what I was missing.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KY -
Here's a pic of the dump valve and compartment access door in our trailer. Although exaggerated by the view, the hole in the door will not align with the hub when rotated downward.

I really don't see the advantage of running the discharge hose through the hole unless someone is anal over exposed sewer plumbing. envision getting down on hands & knees to re-thread an odorous stink hose after every visit to the dump station. :x
IMG_2119.JPG
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P