Replacing steel holding tank

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
KansasJoe

Replacing steel holding tank

Post by KansasJoe »

Looking at a vintage Avion that needs the steel holding tank replaced. Probably the cheapest route is getting a poly tank. Does anyone know how many gallons the tank holds?
Thanks,
Joe
Salty

Re: Replacing steel holding tank

Post by Salty »

What year/model?
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KansasJoe

Post by KansasJoe »

1961 T-27
Salty

Post by Salty »

It is a good idea to read through the forum posts and also research the information your looking for. For example, do a Google search for owners manual 1961 Avion, etc. Once you own the trailer, then you can examine it more closely. If you have doubts about the trailers integrity, there are inspection services available - individuals who are familiar with the ins/out of this model who can evaluate it for you.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KansasJoe

Post by KansasJoe »

I searched all over the Internet for a 61 owners manual and only thing I could find related to 1961 model is a guy on YouTube that totally decimated the inside of a 61. I don't have a clue if 1960 Parts can fit on 1961 parts or a 1962 Parts can fit on a 1961 Parts, I have no idea. All my questions I asked I've already searched all over the Internet and couldn't come up with anything. That's why I'm on this board
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Not sure how many gallons it is, but as you mentioned you could always have one made to fit the space. Keep in mind that there may not be room for a separate grey tank unless you do some serious modifications.

Of course anything is possible—it just depends on how much work and money you want to spend. If you’re not looking for a serious project, there is something to be said for a trailer that has seen regular use, versus one that’s been sitting in a lot or field for several years. This isn’t to say that one that hasn’t been used routinely wouldn’t be good to go and worth looking at, but it’s just something to think about.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
KansasJoe

Post by KansasJoe »

Thank you.