Today was a good day......

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
Razorback

Today was a good day......

Post by Razorback »

Today was a good day!

Booked a couple of long weekends at the Wilderness campground in Branson. Still have a couple of long weekends to book there for later in the year, but need to get them reserved by March 1st to get their early bird discount.... 30% off of the normal prices! Makes a significant difference in price.

Spent time looking over the trip schedule and spotted some obvious holes that need to get filled! Almost have this year’s schedule planned out. Looks like it’ll be another no-garden summer...... you have to stay home to tend to a garden!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
RISK

Re: Today was s good day......

Post by RISK »

Wow! That's fun.
I don't have the luxury of planning much beyond a week or two, but on the flip side, I get to travel on someone else's dime and scout locations for future trips.

I hope you have a wonderful travel season, maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime.

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
Razorback

Re: Today was s good day......

Post by Razorback »

I would LOVE to run across another forum member sometime!

I have had only one opportunity to travel with the Avion on my employer's dime: Had a scheduled middle-of-the-night repair on a server at Ranger Boats in Flippin, AR. Lots of deer between here and there, so I made arrangements to tow the Avion there before dark, parked in the yard where they load the boats on semi trailers, with electric connection! Left the next morning. It was fun!

RISK wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 pm Wow! That's fun.
I don't have the luxury of planning much beyond a week or two, but on the flip side, I get to travel on someone else's dime and scout locations for future trips.

I hope you have a wonderful travel season, maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime.

Ian
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Re: Today was a good day......

Post by Razorback »

Finished booking several weekends to fill out the rest of the 2018 season. Still have some holes to fill, but we can do that later. One will be a trip to Branson, MO in December. Last year we did the same thing and one night got down to 18 degrees. I hope we can plan on some passable roads again this December! We had a great time, and the lights at Silver Dollar City were outstanding!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W