Gaucho Sofa/bed piece missing, can you help?

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
Lifeincolor

Gaucho Sofa/bed piece missing, can you help?

Post by Lifeincolor »

Hey our Gaucho Sofa sees a lot of use and we broke the support piece that moves to hold up the bed when it's extended. It was a couple of pieces of wood that slid apart. It was attached on once side with a hinge. We are sure we saved it to remake it but can't find it anywhere! I'm hoping someone could take a pic and measure their piece for us so we can re-make it. Or even better... if you're taking out your gaucho we would gladly buy that piece from you! Here are pics of where it is missing from.
Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.10.10 PM.png
Thank you,
Amber
1984 30R
2004 Yukon XL
Instagram @avionlife
Razorback

Re: Gaucho Sofa/bed piece missing, can you help?

Post by Razorback »

When I have a chance, I will look and see if ours has the piece you mentioned.... if so, I'll get a picture and some measurements.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Lifeincolor

Post by Lifeincolor »

Thank you Paul! I actually just got on to say we found the piece... tucked into the sofa itself! Not sure how I missed that when taking pics! Embarrassing! We took it all apart tonight and there are many damaged pieces (kids jumping on the bed does not help, I’m sure!). Now we’re trying to decide if we fix it or put another bed in. I wonder if anyone has tried to fit an IKEA sleeper sofa in there for example. Though we’re worried about the weight...
Amber
1984 30R
2004 Yukon XL
Instagram @avionlife
Salty

Post by Salty »

Dimensions aside, the concern with Ikea would be the construction materials used. Specifically, presswood or MDF, which are not a moisture friendly material's.
Having removed all of the presswood I have found in this trailer, I have to confess, I'm not a fan.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.