Patching subfloor and Systems Check:Please help(New owners)

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
Johnatron

Re: Patching subfloor and Systems Check:Please help(New owners)

Post by Johnatron »

Hey Salty, yeah not very timely on my part. Life’s a beach! Anyways, that build you linked to is indeed the one I was thinking of. I think there should have been other avenues to take in order to keep weight down... the raceway looks like it’s made out of 2x4’s, the counters look like 1” solid wood, and the shower base is sitting on a mortar bed, not exactly the Aviondynamics I would have utilized. With that in mind, yes, the overhead clearance would decrease, but I’m still optimistic.

On another topic, I’ve been scouting the forum for info regarding the 30amp to 50amp conversion. Look and you shall find. (Such a wonderful community!)
The PowerDynamics 4560, as Jim Golden mentioned on his renovation looks pretty slick. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138
Any info regarding this conversion is tremendously appreciated! What did you use? Would you do anything differently? Cost for a DIY’er? I’m tossing around the idea of installing a 240v concealed mini-split A/C as well. Thoughts? @Jim Golden @KYAvion
Thank you,
Johnatron
1981 34V
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I considered going with the panel Jim used, but my wire size from the batteries is only 8 gauge and I don’t need a 60 amp converter anyway. So I went ahead and installed a 45 amp Boondocker converter and later will install a split 50/30amp panel from Progressive Dynamics, as well as a separate 12v panel. I have the parts, but I haven’t done the install yet. I’m still deciding whether I want to snake the incoming feed for the 50 amp panel around like Jim did, or remove a section of the bellypan and go under the floor. Right now I’m in no hurry and have lots of other projects that are a priority, so it’ll probably be awhile...

I look forward to hearing and seeing what you plan to do with the electric and split system. Please do start separate threads in the Electrical and Appliances forums. Not only does that making finding stuff in the future easier, each post TITLE gets forwarded to FB so it helps there too.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

@Johnatron

BTW, when using that @ feature, type “@“ and then the initial letters of the person’s name. Once their name pops up in a list, select it. Interestingly, I just noticed it will only work for me if I place it at the top of the post.
2D3C9A31-833E-4E96-A699-382D62D8ED70.png
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Johnatron

Post by Johnatron »

@KYAvion
Ah, I see now. I was wondering why I wasn’t prompted with a drop down when initially mentioning someone. Thanks!

I’ll go ahead and scoot this over to the Electrical board. Sorry about the confusion.
1981 34V