nothing new

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
DJ18

Re: nothing new

Post by DJ18 »

Because Whataburger used an Avion in one of their ads, I ate lunch there today! funny how effective advertising can be, and I didn't even see the whole ad... :D
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I can taste that fried burger, leftover onion flavor in my mouth already... I LOVE it!!!!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

All hooked up and not going anywhere.....

Its been a long several weeks, but since I have all but converted the Avion to my home office I can say it has saved my sanity. It is nice to leave the house as part of a routine, and have a nice place to spend the day and get some work done. I finished up some mods to I have a nice Bluetooth feed to a new amp I put in over the fridge.

On a long term note, I can say the Gerard instant HW heater I put in last fall has been doing great. I use in several times a week and I will write up a review sometime of the tweaks and tuning needed to make the most of that fairly inexpensive option. Works well as long as you design the plumbing with enough flow and then throttle the inlet based on outside water temperature. I have used it from 32F outside up to 60F and its been such a great improvement.
Attachments
New sewer tap next to driveway for extended use
New sewer tap next to driveway for extended use
Old School 80's amp getting some repairs before mounting above fridge.
Old School 80's amp getting some repairs before mounting above fridge.
Test fit of receiver.  This will get a nice removable surround some day, and I will have a vent above it where the old cassette deck used to be.  Its has a BT input, which works great from a phone.
Test fit of receiver. This will get a nice removable surround some day, and I will have a vent above it where the old cassette deck used to be. Its has a BT input, which works great from a phone.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

that looks great! we have an old battery powered portable radio for music and news. pretty tinny. mostly to pick up news and weather. but someday I want to put something for wonderful sound in our avion.

new hot water heater and redoing the plumbing is next on our list of things to do. we keep shuffling it to the bottom of the list, and going camping keeps popping to the top of the list. I suppose until we are forced to, we won't tackle it yet.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Post by Salty »

@pbsled HK amp, very classy ;)
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

I am not sure about classy, but it was only $25 on eBay. I had a bad balance pot that I had to hot wire around. It sounds fine for what it is. :D
Attachments
91C93099-197F-4A97-B077-B99EECA244B2.jpeg
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
Salty

Post by Salty »

For $25 you did well. Granted, it's not McIntosh, but HK isn't bad .
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
slowmover

Post by slowmover »

Something to do would be starting on an Amateur Radio License.

A mobile installation is time-consuming. Maybe tedious. The whole of the electrical system needs a survey.

One can start easily. CB Radio is what is in the garages of millions. Upper & Lower Side Band on that 11-Meter is busy every day. No licensure.

Here’s a relative minimum with rock solid performance. Amazon, DX Engineering & DNJ Radio. No tech needed.

1). Uniden 980 AM/SSB
2). RM ITALY KL-203 amp
3). West Mountain Radio ClearSpeech
DSP Speaker.

12-15A draw. 75W all day.

4). Antenna (is the booger). Where and what type. It’s also most important. (I’m partial to SIRIO antennas at present). A push-up pole with a delta loop or dipole at 36’ attached to awning arm and given another leg (is my present thought; Peterbilt & pickup have priority).

AIR has several threads. QRZ forum has one on RV & Camping.

Do you really want a corporate intercessor for all your communications?

CV19 has been ALL LIES. 99.9% survival rate and total deaths lower in 2020 than several of the past five. Mask Wearer = Moral Coward.
Way past time to have thrown out TV.
Grow up. Man up, as it means something now.

The Mobile Bible is :

www.k0bg.com

House, cars and RV. Friends & family. Permanent installs. No magnet mount crap.

GMRS, FRS, etc none too impressive. Its about what your neighbors have. Start with CB isn’t difficult. Other bands are progressively licensed.

I’m sitting in Front Royal, VA, in the Peterbilt. Have heard eleven states and three foreign countries on 38-LSB this afternoon.

Start with a trip to Harbor Freight. Get an Apache 3800 transport case for the gear. Cheap.

TV taught you CB was cornpone and rude . But some of the smartest men who’ve EVER lived are fundamental to Radio history.

Big Bro don’t want you to have it.

Get to work. Clocks ticking.

“Well, I got my guns”. No, you’ll never use them. That’s now proven. You’ll bend over for anyone. Anywhere. Any time. When you should have told them to screw off. Guns are the backup to calling crap what it is. Belief is action.

Mask-wearer is someone without belief in any of the Bill of Rights. Voluntary gag and restraints on living. When no threat exists, when no aithority can countenance such.

Willing slave. Despicable.

Failed, too, at belief in God. How much more serious is no longer a question. It’s not possible. .

But they got’em got a gold star for TV watching. Hate their parents and their children.As that’s what TVs presence means. .

Let’s get satellite TV and Netflix. HBO!. So, wear the gag with pride! We’re all in this together.

All the way thru the line they separate men from women and wire your wrists behind your back.

1990 35’ Silver Streak Sterling
slowmover

Post by slowmover »

84CD1907-47D4-4C76-B61C-7DF64C0813C8.jpeg
Here’s the easiest start

A campground radio. I bought this circa 1976 radio after it was re-capped. New crystal or two. Reminded me of what my Dad had in his Silver Streak.

With a Midland on-glass antenna it might reach across the campground.

Rallies in days of old used CB as a party line. Announcements. Etc.

I have it mounted where SS has the optional radio. Power already available.

649F2E29-ECF6-4293-89EF-0656644A76B7.jpeg

Here’s the 980 + 203. You can run the coax behind the refrigerator and out the roof vent.
It’s a stable combo. No need to mess with settings once On. At the dinette so as to sit there is a great place. 12-15A draw.

Anything less than the 980 isn’t worth it. SSB is mandatory. It’s cheap (I use as backup to all other radios; 5-6 planned. Trade goods. All in 3800 case with everything needed). Great gift as a package.

See the 980 video by Farpoint Farms.

slowmover

Post by slowmover »

CB and 10-Meter “Export” radio’s all lack an important feature found in HAM radios:

Digital Signal Processing. DSP.

Adding a module or speaker containing this control set means one can Hear much more and farther. Earlier. Noise abeyance.

I say that with it I can hear around the noise. I’ve traveled with other trucks with radio rigs as good as mine or better . . . and held conversations with others they can’t hear.

The one I use and recommend (250k mikes in my big truck includes HD bouncing in oilfield)

West Mountain Radio ClearSpeech speaker. 12V powered. Adjustable filter and volume.

A true bargain. $225 at DX ENGINEERING.
C685E5FA-7339-4C18-A3FA-5E601834E03A.jpeg
C685E5FA-7339-4C18-A3FA-5E601834E03A.jpeg (28.12 KiB) Viewed 24945 times