Site Admin

Go fund me -- Silverstreak vs Airstream

Post by KYAvion »

KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Re: Go fund me -- Silverstreak vs Airstream

Post by Razorback »

I hope they win! Typical Airstream, trying to protect their inferior, overpriced status symbol.

Airstream’s argument, if that is accurate, is ludicrous. So no others can build an aluminum, “aerodynamic” trailer? Seems like an extremely broad brush to me.
I think AS knows that it would not take much to build a MUCH better trailer. I really don’t think they have much to worry about: there is plenty of “herd” out there to keep buying their product.

I hope that suit is squashed in short order!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

An older case here as well...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=461
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I will read through that one..... I remember hearing about that when I was reading about Avion history.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Now THAT was a good read! I think any fair-minded, logically-thinking person would give Airstream the nod regarding “Romany”, but reading through that court’s decision lays out very nicely why there are huge holes in the rest of their argument.

I especially like the comments about Airstream being “very jealous” and them claiming that Avion was an inferior build, thus somehow hurting their reputation.

That court rightly decided that Airstream didn’t have a leg to stand on. Another example that can be added in today’s world: IBM coined the term and marketed a desktop computer back in the 80’s and called it the IBM Personal Computer. Can you imagine IBM trying to claim that no other entity could build anything that looked like that product, much less claim that “Personal Computer” was exclusively theirs? Another example that comes to mind is “kleenex”.... How many times have you referred to “facial tissue” as “kleenex”? I wonder if whomever markets big K “Kleenex” ever tried to put “Puffs” out of business?

Thank you for posting that!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Salty

Post by Salty »

Thanks for posting this. I was moved. I like the Silverstreak Continentals.
Donated to the cause.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.