Avion overwhelm

A little about yourself
silverbird

Re: Avion overwhelm

Post by silverbird »

KYAvion wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 pm I have not heard of Mr. Rahmn or those articles. Do you have a link?

Also, what city/state are you in?
I found the link ti Bill Rahm's and others repair articles...if you go to silveravion scroll down to Fleetwood Avion link. Click that, and then the "repair" link. Lots of info in there.

Thanks...unfortunately I am about 5 hours from Cayos and have a 34' trailer...and a Honda CRV car.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

You’re welcome. BUT, keep in mind that’s just what I seem to recall reading somewhere quite awhile back. My memory could be wrong, as could the information I read.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

I may be the heretic here, but I've made good use of Lexan sealant around the windows. It flows on nicely, has good working time and comes in a caulk gun tube. It's instantly water proof. One down side is it has a long cure time.
The PO used silicone and I had no trouble removing it from the trailer. Dremel wire wheel and off it came, likity split.
To the OP, if you're in Michigan, I'd recommend Chuck Cayo.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

silverbird wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:00 pm
KYAvion wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 pm I have not heard of Mr. Rahmn or those articles. Do you have a link?

I found the link ti Bill Rahm's and others repair articles...if you go to silveravion scroll down to Fleetwood Avion link. Click that, and then the "repair" link. Lots of info in there.

Thanks...unfortunately I am about 5 hours from Cayos and have a 34' trailer...and a Honda CRV car.
We live in a suburb of Detroit. Chuck's shop is roughly 2 1/2 hours west-southwest of us. Enterprise Truck Rental rents 3/4 ton Ford pick-ups for $100/day and unlimited miles. The truck will tow your trailer without requiring a weight distribution hitch. Been there......done that.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

silverloaf wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm
silverbird wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:00 pm

We live in a suburb of Detroit. Chuck's shop is roughly 2 1/2 hours west-southwest of us. Enterprise Truck Rental rents 3/4 ton Ford pick-ups for $100/day and unlimited miles. The truck will tow your trailer without requiring a weight distribution hitch. Been there......done that.

That is great news! I had no idea..you all are a wealth of info! Thanks again...I will call Enterprise.😊
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I believe the newer F-250s have a max tongue weight of 950# without a WDH.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P